The Massachusetts Association of Planning Directors, Inc. (MAPD), is a not for profit membership organization of professional planners, with the following purposes:
- To promote interest in and support for planning throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by facilitating the exchange of information relevant to planning issues, techniques, and innovations.
- To provide a network of planning professionals through which discussion and resolution of local and regional planning issues can be achieved.
- To encourage the coordination of activities of the various professional and citizen planning organizations throughout the Commonwealth, and where appropriate the nation.
- To support the field of planning at all levels through education of citizen and professional planners via newsletters, monthly meetings, workshops, annual conferences and any other reasonable means of information dissemination.
- To promote interest in and support for community planning throughout the Commonwealth so as to achieve a long-term benefit to community preservation through public involvement, sensible regulation and guided development.
- To present the perspective of the local planning professional with regard to legislative and programmatic proposals of various levels of government.
These Purposes have guided the organization at least since its establishment as a Massachusetts 501(c)(3) Corporation in February 2001.
Any professional planner, municipal or private sector, or other individual professionally active in planning issues as an employee, advisor or consultant, and having an interest in the objectives of the Corporation, shall be eligible to apply for membership.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP:
Any professional planner, municipal or private sector, or other individual actively involved in planning issues as an employee or advisor, having an interest in the objectives of the Corporation shall be eligible to apply for membership.
ACTIVITIES OF MAPD INCLUDE:
Monthly topic luncheons, September through June (AICP CM credits provided if applicable)
Signatory to the Memorandum of Understanding establishing the Citizen Planner Training Collaborative
Annual 2-Day Conference (AICP CM credits provided)
Annual Membership dues are $95.00 for 2017-2018
Board of Directors, FY17-18
President – Kristina Johnson, AICP
Vice President – Jessica Allan, AICP
Clerk – Bill Nemser, AICP
Treasurer – Chris Kluchman, FAICP
Past President – Angela Vincent, AICP
2nd Past President – Steve Sadwick, AICP
Legislative Chair – Glenn Garber, AICP
CPTC Liaison – Ralph Willmer, FAICP
General Counsel – Pamela Brown, Esq. FAICP