2017: Pittsfield, MA
June 15-16, 2017
Crowne Plaza Pittsfield-Berkshires
One West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Thank you for joining us at the 2017 Massachusetts Association of Planning Directors Annual Conference in Pittsfield! We had close to 110 Planners descend on the City over those two days, with a lot of programming, networking and activities.
The Conference Committee shook up the programming in 2017! In addition to a keynote address from the Mayor of Pittsfield, Linda Tyer, we had THREE concurrent sessions in four time blocks, a tour and reception at the Colonial Theater, and three plenary sessions:
- Plenary 1 – Presentation from the Policy Director from the American Planning Association, Stephanie Vance, on the potential impacts of this administration on the planning field.
- Plenary 2 – The Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance led a conversation about the Zoning Reform Bill this year.
- Plenary 3 – Included our annual update on the most recent law cases.
And if that wasn’t enough excitement, New York State planners in the Capital District attended the conference this year! Thank you for joining us!
Some of the topics from this year’s conference included:
– Recovering Planners – Planning Directors moving into Town/City Management roles
– Municipal Perspectives on Complete Streets
– Broadband access and economic development
– Community Engagement and Outreach
– Assessing Impacts of Residential Development
– Greening Your Community
Check out the FINAL 2017 MAPD Conference Program. Presentations from the sessions have been uploaded to Slideshare and can be accessed by searching for: mapd2017conference in the Search bar on the top.
CM Credit: is now available for the sessions at the Conference. Don’t forget to log your credits today.
Want to help organize the 2018 MAPD Conference? Join the 2018 Conference Committee! Contact Jessica Allan, MAPD’s new Vice-President, to get involved.
If you have NOT paid, please send a check (no credit cards) made out to Massachusetts Association of Planning Directors, to:
Chris Kluchman, FAICP
Westford Town Hall
55 Main Street
Westford, MA 01886
Conference fees: MAPD members $100, non-members $130.
Want to head back out to Pittsfield?
If you are headed back out to Pittsfield, check out this great Pittsfield guide of attractions, events and restaurants! Thanks to CJ Hoss and John Gelcich for putting this together.